McGill University Ghana Scholarship Secretariat in Canada
McGill University, in partnership with the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat is launching the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat – McGill Scholarships for citizens of Ghana to pursue their higher studies in Canada. The scholarship application can be made for the academic year 2023-2024.
This scholarship will enable citizens of Ghana to pursue their master’s or PhD studies in Canada at McGill University. The scholarship will be awarded with an aim to train students at McGill, who will then apply their knowledge and skills upon graduation to improve the socio-economic conditions of Ghana. Students who have been accepted in the applied program will be considered for this scholarship award, consisting of tuition fees, stipend, airfare, and more.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Amazing opportunity for excellent students to get funding for their education in Canada.
Ranked 54th in Best Global Universities, McGill University is a public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. McGill University is recognized as one of Canada’s best-known institutions of higher learning. Internationally, the university is very well known for the excellence of its teaching and research programs.
Why choose to study at McGill University? McGill University is an amazing mix of students, faculty and staff and counts itself among the finest research-intensive universities in the world. It carries out research and scholarly activities that are said to be excellent by the highest international standards and by the society it serves and offers the best possible education.
Application Deadline: The applications for admission must be made by 15th January 2023. However, the deadline for the scholarship is yet to be announced.
- University or Organization: McGill University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master or PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and other benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Students from Ghana can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master or PhD degree program in the field of Engineering
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must a citizens of Ghana.
- The applicants must apply and receive an Offer of Admission from McGill for a PhD or Masters Thesis program in the eligible areas of knowledge.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students should apply for admission at McGill University online. The scholarship application can be made on this page.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- 2 letters of reference
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent as recognized by McGill University) in a subject closely related to the one selected for graduate work with a 3.0 GPA.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 60
- IELTS – 6.5
McGill University will award the winners following benefits:
- McGill tuition fees at the Quebec rate
- Ancillary fees
- A stipend for living expenses
- Health and living insurance plan
- Cost of return airfare
- Top up of $5,000 annually