ICFJ Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling in USA
International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is happy to announce the Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling for the academic year 2023-2024.
This contest is open to English-speaking journalists who are actively working in Africa for print, broadcast, and online news media. The applicants must have maximum 10 years of journalism experience to be considered. They must submit a published article. The award consists a cash prize $5,000 and more benefits.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Wonderful offer for international students in the USA.
Founded in 1984, the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is a non-profit, professional organization headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States. The organization promotes journalism worldwide and has worked directly with a huge number of journalists across 180 countries since its establishment.
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) works hard to empower an unparalleled global network of journalists in order to produce news reports that lead to better governments, stronger economies, more vibrant societies and healthier lives. With support and guidance from ICFJ, journalists are able to news that connects more deeply to the audiences.
Application Deadline: The application period will end on January 31, 2023.
- University or Organization: International Center for Journalists (ICFJ)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from Africa can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The candidates must be identified as journalists working in Africa for print, broadcast, and online news media.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must work in Africa for print, broadcast, and online news media.
- The applicants must have submitted a published between December 1, 2021, and December 1, 2022.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates who want to apply for this award must submit an online application form to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must prepare a well-reported piece or series that reflects top-notch storytelling about important issues in Africa, CV, professional references,
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be a journalist with maximum of ten years’ worth of experience.
- Language Requirement: The candidates must be fluent in the language they publish in, most likely English.
The winners are awarded a cash prize of $5,000 accompanied by a personalized crystal award by the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ). They will be also given an opportunity to spend up to two weeks at The Economist headquarters in London or to complete a tailored study tour of US newsrooms.