Flinders and Nourish Ingredients Industry PhD Scholarships in Australia
Flinders University is very excited to welcome aspirants who want to conduct innovative research into Medical Biotechnology and Microbial bioprocessing through the Flinders and Nourish Ingredients Industry PhD Scholarships. The award will be presented for the academic year 2022-2023.
The studentship is open to all Australian, New Zealand and international students who have applied for a PhD study in Medical Biotechnology and Microbial bioprocessing. The applicants must ideally hold first-class honours or a master’s in biotechnology to be considered. The award will consist of $40,000 per annum for up to 4 years of study and many other academic and professional opportunities.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Wonderful offer for overseas students in Australia.
Flinders University is a public research university based in Adelaide, South Australia. It has made it its mission to change lives and change the world and be internationally recognized as a world leader in research. Flinders ranks 426th in Best Global Universities and 425th in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at Flinders University? Flinders University is Australia’s source of the most enterprising graduates and is an innovator in contemporary education. The paramount focus of the university is on student success which is also the distinguishing feature of the Flinders Experience. Courses at Flinders incorporate skills that determine success in an information-rich world.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 30th November 2022.
- University or Organization: Flinders University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $40, 000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programmes in the field of Medical Biotechnology, Microbial bioprocessing at Flinders University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must preferably have a Master’s in Biotechnology (HD or D) with research experience in bioprocessing that involves growing microbes, fermentation, and purification of metabolites.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply for admission via the university portal. Scholarship applications must be made online by clicking on the ‘Application Form’ at the bottom of the page.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must prepare and submit academic transcripts and copies of their passport.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or equivalent qualification (at least AQF Level 8) or evidence of equivalent research experiences, such as refereed publications or significant experience as a lead researcher.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 80
- PTE – 58
- CAE – C
- Duolingo – 110
Flinders University will award the scholarship winners the following benefits:
- $40,000 per annum tax-free, for up to 4 years
- Supervised by academics and mentoring from an industry partner
- The Plus Program: Gain experience of rigorous, leading-edge research in a business context through regular training sessions
- Being surrounded by peers from the three SA Universities working on complementary projects offering mutual support, peer-to-peer learning
- Access to academic and industry expertise through joint supervision
- The opportunity to manage a complex research project and respond innovatively to challenges
- A collaborative research community where you can enhance your skills and build your network to progress your research career.